Conference Call for Abstracts
October 19-22, 2022
17th Annual Cardiometabolic Health Congress
Boston Park Plaza
50 Park Plaza At Arlington St
Boston, MA 02116
2022 Annual CMHC Call for Abstracts
CMHC Chairpersons George L. Bakris, MD, Christie M. Ballantyne, MD, Robert H. Eckel, MD, and Anne L. Peters, MD, invite you to submit scientific poster abstracts to be presented at the 2022 Cardiometabolic Health Congress (CMHC). Plan now to have your poster included! More than 1,300 cardiologists, endocrinologists, lipidologists, and allied healthcare professionals from across the country will gather to discuss the most up-to-date developments in cardiometabolic health, including dyslipidemia, heart failure, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and weight management. To enrich the attendee experience, we will offer scientific poster sessions to share the latest information from current research and clinical findings. Abstracts may be research-oriented or evidence-based practice that are relevant to frontline practitioners who treat patients with cardiometabolic disease.
Due to current travel restrictions, all individuals who require a visa to enter the United States are urged to immediately obtain necessary papers to attend the meeting upon submission of the abstract. A letter inviting any individual who wishes to attend may be obtained by emailing [email protected]. This letter does not imply any financial support by CMHC.
We have EXTENDED the deadline to submit a poster abstract for the 17th Annual CMHC! Also, when you submit an abstract, you’ll also be entered to have your work published in Postgraduate Medicine, the peer-reviewed medical journal established by the founder of Mayo Clinic. The journal publishes research that supports primary care physicians in solving clinical problems and improving patient care. If selected, your work will be published for open access in early 2023 under the title Abstracts from the 17th Annual Cardiometabolic Health Congress.
The abstract submission system will close at 5:00PM EST, Friday,
September 9, 2022 September 16, 2022
- Submissions close Friday,
September 9, 2022September 16, 2022
- Notification of abstract status Friday,
September 16, 2022September 23, 2022
- Presenting author(s) or presenter(s) of accepted abstracts must register to attend the 2022 Annual CMHC. If your abstract is accepted, you will receive complimentary meeting registration. If you have already registered for the conference and your poster is accepted, your registration can be transferred to a future meeting. Submission of an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference.
- Abstracts may be of original research or encore (repeat) presentations of abstracts, i.e., CMHC will accept abstracts that have already been presented at other medical conferences.
- Abstracts should be 900 words or less, with maximums as defined below. (Titles, author names, and affiliations are not included in the word count).
- Purpose: 250 words
- Methods: 250 words
- Results: 300 words
- Conclusions: 300 words
- List affiliations for all authors, such as universities and other institutions.
- List names of all authors, in the order in which you wish them to appear in printed text. One author listed must attend CMHC to present. No more than 10 authors should be listed.
- List disclosures (financial and/or in-kind support). If none, state “Nothing to disclose by any author(s).”
- Do not use tables, charts, or graphs in your abstract submission (they can be included in the actual poster).
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts one author may submit for consideration.
- The first author is responsible for communicating all of these policies to all involved parties.
CMHC requires faculty and poster authors/presenters who have an interest in selling a technology, program, product, and/or service to healthcare professionals to disclose this information in order to be considered for and/or present at any CMHC educational session.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be notified on or by Friday, September 23, 2022, and the abstracts will be posted on the CMHC website and our meeting conference guide. Only accepted abstracts will be posted online and in the conference guide.
Poster and Presentation Guidelines
- Detailed instructions will accompany acceptance notices.
- After acceptance, format your abstract into a poster which may include graphs, tables, and charts.
- Maximum poster size is 42″ high x 90″ wide. Authors/presenters should bring their posters with them to the conference. Please do not send posters to the CMHC offices or in care of CMHC.
- While first authors typically attend the conference in person, CMHC allows other listed authors to attend in his/her place. Additional authors who are attending the conference will also need to register.
- No trade names should be used for drugs, devices, or instrumentation. Any medications or substances referred to in the materials must be identified by their scientific names only.
- Recording by any means (photographing, audiotaping, videotaping) of any presentation/session is prohibited, except by a CMHC authorized agent or by first author(s) who wish to photograph their own poster presentation. Violators risk confiscation of their equipment and/or dismissal from CMHC.
- QR codes with a maximum size of 1”x1” are permitted in the lower corner of posters. Scanning of a QR code only by participants using smart phones or other mobile devices is permissible.
- Interactive content/features on printed posters that can be viewed using smartphones or iPADs is allowed (for example, additional graphs, animations, videos related to the printed poster content).
- Presenters may use an iPad or tablet to facilitate their presentation, but it cannot be using in lieu of a printed poster. Tablets may also be available for viewers to see the interactive content during the poster presentation time.
- Supplementary information on how to download relevant QR codes and access interactive content may be included on the poster, ie, within the text of the poster or printed on the bottom.
- Poster presenters have the option to add a short audio file that will be added to the website with the poster after the conference.
Authors should arrive on site to have their posters up by 10:00am on Thursday, October 20 (Day 2 of the conference). CMHC will provide a poster board, pushpins, and poster number. If you would like to provide reprints of your posters (i.e, handouts) you may leave them under your assigned poster board. Posters will be available for public viewing during the exhibit breaks (time and day will be designated by CMHC).
The CMHC late-breaking abstracts policy allows for the submission of late-breaking abstracts only for randomized phase II and phase III trials for which no preliminary data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline (September 9, 2022), but for which a preplanned analysis of the primary endpoint is scheduled after that date but before September 30, 2022 (deadline for the final, updated late-breaking abstract). During abstract submission, you will be required to provide the date of planned analysis. The policy is not a mechanism to allow for updated data to be submitted later when preliminary data are available by the abstract submission deadline. Late-breaking abstracts must follow the same abstract guidelines listed on this page.
The abstract system is closed.