Click Here to View 2017 Accepted Abstracts
Click Here to View 2018 Abstract Submission Guidelines
CMHC Chairpersons Christie M. Ballantyne, MD, Robert H. Eckel, MD, Jay S. Skyler, MD, and George L. Bakris, MD invite you to submit abstracts for posters to be presented at the 2017 Cardiometabolic Health Congress (CMHC). Plan now to have your poster included! More than 1,300 cardiologists, endocrinologists, lipidologists, and allied healthcare professionals from across the country are gathering to discuss the most up-to-date developments in cardiometabolic health, including dyslipidemia, heart failure, hypertension, type 2 diabetes, and weight management. To enrich the attendee experience, we will offer poster sessions to share the latest information from current research and clinical findings with our attendees. Abstracts may be research-oriented or evidence-based practice that are relevant to frontline practitioners who treat patients with cardiometabolic disease.
During the Cardiometabolic Health Congress, our Chairs Dr. Ballantyne, Dr. Bakris, Dr. Eckel, and Dr. Skyler will select the best poster presented during the poster session. The awarded will receive a prize of 300$. This Best Poster Award is sponsored by Medical Sciences, an international open access journal providing a platform for advances in basic, translational, and clinical research.
Researchers and health professionals are encouraged to publish their theoretical and experimental results in this journal, which aims to integrate expertise from the molecular and translational sciences, therapeutics, and diagnostics in different medical specialties.
We invite all participants to submit their work to Medical Sciences. Well-prepared manuscripts will be published free of charge after a peer-review process.
The deadline for electronic submission is 5:00pm EDT, Friday, September 1, 2017. All authors will be notified via email on or by September 8th.
- Presenting author(s) or presenter(s) of accepted abstracts must register at the current registration rate to attend the 2017 Annual CMHC. Submission of an abstract does not automatically register you for the conference.
- Abstracts may be of original research or encore (repeat) presentations of abstracts, i.e., CMHC will accept abstracts that have already been presented at other medical conferences.
- Abstracts should be 900 words or less, with maximums as defined below. (Titles, author names, and affiliations are not included in the word count).
List affiliations for all authors, such as universities and other institutions.
List names of all authors, in the order in which you wish them appear in printed text. One author listed must attend CMHC to present. No more than 10 authors should be listed.
List disclosures (financial and/or in-kind support). If none, state “Nothing to disclose by any author(s).”
Please indicate whether you are interested in being considered to present orally.
Do not use tables, charts, or graphs in your abstract submission (they can be included in the actual poster).
There is no limit to the number of abstracts one author may submit for consideration.
The first author is responsible for communicating all of these policies to all involved parties.
- Purpose: 250 words
- Methods: 250 words
- Results: 300 words
- Conclusions: 100 words
CMHC requires faculty and poster authors/presenters who have an interest in selling a technology, program, product, and/or service to healthcare professionals to disclose this information in order to be considered for and/or present at any CMHC educational session.
If your abstract is accepted, you will be notified on or by September 8th, and the abstract will be posted online by September 18th. Only accepted abstracts will be posted online. Posters will be published online and within the CMHC mobile app.
Poster and Presentation Guidelines
- Detailed instructions will accompany acceptance notices.
- After acceptance, format your abstract into a poster which may include graphs, tables, and charts.
- Maximum poster size is 42" high x 90" wide.
- Authors/presenters should bring their posters with them to the conference. Please do not send posters to the CMHC offices or in care of CMHC.
- While first authors typically attend the conference in person, CMHC allows other listed authors to attend in his/her place.
- No trade names should be used for drugs, devices, or instrumentation. Any medications or substances referred to in the materials must be identified by their scientific names only.
- Recording by any means (photographing, audiotaping, videotaping) of any presentation/session is prohibited, except by a CMHC authorized agent or by first author(s) who wish to photograph their own poster presentation. Violators risk confiscation of their equipment and/or dismissal from CMHC.
- QR codes with a maximum size of 1"x1" are permitted in the lower corner of posters. Scanning of a QR code only by participants using smart phones or other mobile devices is permissible.
- Supplementary information on how to download relevant QR codes and access interactive content may be included on the poster, ie, within the text of the poster or printed on the bottom.
- Interactive content/features on printed posters that can be viewed using smartphones or iPADs is allowed (for example, additional graphs, animations, videos related to the printed poster content).
- Presenters may use an iPad or tablet to facilitate their presentation, but it cannot be using in lieu of a printed poster. Tablets may also be available for viewers to see the interactive content during the poster presentation time.
Authors should arrive on site to have their posters up by 10:00am on Thursday, October 5 (Day 2 of the conference). CMHC will provide a poster board, pushpins, and poster number. If you would like to provide reprints of your posters (ie, handouts) you may leave them under your assigned poster board. Posters will be available for public viewing during the exhibit breaks (time and day will be designated by CMHC).
The review committee will choose 4 abstracts (posters) for oral presentations at the 2017 annual CMHC. Presenters will be notified by September 8th. Date, time, and location of oral presentations will be announced. While first authors typically present in person, CMHC allows other listed authors to present in his/her place.
The CMHC late-breaking abstracts policy allows for the submission of late-breaking abstracts only for randomized phase III trials for which no preliminary data are available at the time of the abstract submission deadline (September 1st), but for which a preplanned analysis of the primary endpoint is scheduled after that date but before September 8th (deadline for the final, updated late-breaking abstract). During abstract submission, you will be required to provide the date of planned analysis. The policy is not a mechanism to allow for updated data to be submitted later when preliminary data are available by the abstract submission deadline.
The abstract system will close at 5:00pm EDT, September 1st, 2017.
Questions? Email email@example.com.