Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Tenders with Cucumber-Ranch Dressing
Asparagus and bacon are wrapped around spiced chicken tenders in this quick and healthy chicken dinner. Serve with a green salad tossed with a balsamic vinaigrette or make extra cucumber-ranch dressing and use it for your salad too.
- 2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder or mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 10 chicken tenders (about 1 pound)
- 20 thin asparagus spears, trimmed
- 5 slices bacon, halved
- 1 very small cucumber (about 4 ounces)
- ¼ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Position racks in center and top thirds of oven; preheat to 425°F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine chili powder, brown sugar, cumin and ¼ teaspoon salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with the spice mixture. Place the chicken on the prepared baking sheet. Place 2 asparagus spears on each chicken tender and wrap with ½ slice of bacon to hold everything together.
- Bake the chicken on the center rack for 5 minutes. Turn the broiler to high and move the chicken to the top rack. Broil, watching carefully, until the bacon is lightly browned, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, peel cucumber, halve it lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Grate the cucumber on the large holes of a box grater. Combine in a small bowl with yogurt, buttermilk, mayonnaise, lemon juice, chives, dill, garlic powder, pepper and the remaining ¼ teaspoon salt. Serve the chicken tenders with the dressing.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Refrigerate dressing (Step 4) for up to 1 day.