Balsamic & Parmesan Broccoli
Cooking this quick broccoli side dish recipe in a wok gives you a larger surface area, so you get lots of nice crispy bits. Serve with oven-roasted herb chicken or fish, or as a tasty topping to your grain bowl.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 6 cups broccoli florets (about 12 ounces)
- 1 small shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large flat-bottom carbon-steel wok over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and cook, stirring, until browned in spots, about 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium. Push the broccoli to the sides and add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil, shallot, garlic, vinegar, salt and pepper; cook, stirring often, until the broccoli is tender, about 3 minutes more. Remove from heat and sprinkle with Parmesan. Cover and let stand until the cheese is melted, 1 to 2 minutes.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS