Blue Cheese & Bacon Potato Salad
In this healthy potato salad recipe, a white-wine vinaigrette dresses the potatoes, green beans, blue cheese and bacon. Waxy potatoes, such as red and yellow, make the best potato salad because they hold their shape when cooked. Keep the potato skins on for more fiber and potassium.
- 2 ½ pounds yellow or red potatoes, scrubbed and diced (½- to 1-inch)
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- ¼ cup finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 ½ cups green beans (1-inch pieces; about 8 ounces)
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan (or pot) fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and cook until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt; let cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, pepper and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Add the potatoes, green beans, bacon and blue cheese; stir well to coat. Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until cold.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.