Rather than serving this easy mock shrimp ceviche with chips or tortillas, cut some carbs and pile the citrusy seafood in fresh avocado "bowls" for a fun and healthy presentation.
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 6 ounces peeled cooked shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cucumber
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 medium firm ripe avocados
- Combine lemon juice, lime juice and sugar in a medium nonreactive bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add shrimp and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the bowl and discard liquid. Return the shrimp to the bowl and stir in cucumber, jalapeño, tomato, cilantro, oil and salt.
- Leaving the skin on, halve and pit the avocados. Top each avocado half with about ¼ cup of the shrimp mixture.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS