Chipotle Chicken Quinoa Burrito Bowl
This chipotle-flavored burrito bowl recipe is even better than takeout and just as fast. Loading it with vegetables and using quinoa in place of rice adds nutrition for a healthy dinner.
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- ¼ cup prepared pico de gallo or other salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- Lime wedges for serving
- Preheat grill to medium-high or preheat broiler to high.
- Combine chipotles, oil, garlic powder and cumin in a small bowl.
- Oil the grill rack or a rimmed baking sheet, if broiling. Season chicken with salt. Grill the chicken for 5 minutes or broil it on the prepared baking sheet for 9 minutes. Turn, brush with the chipotle glaze and continue cooking until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part registers 165°F, 3 to 5 minutes more on the grill or 9 minutes more under the broiler. Transfer to a clean cutting board. Chop into bite-size pieces.
- Assemble each burrito bowl with ½ cup quinoa, ½ cup chicken, ½ cup lettuce, ¼ cup beans, ¼ avocado, 1 tablespoon pico de gallo (or other salsa) and 1 tablespoon cheese. Serve with a lime wedge.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.