Chipotle-Sesame Noodles with Steak
Ramen noodles are tossed with a chipotle-soy sauce in this healthy sesame noodle recipe. Be sure to rinse the noodles until they’re cold, then give them a good shake in the colander until they’re well drained. Are you a spiralizing pro? Swap 5 cups of raw zucchini, carrot or other veggie “noodles” for the cooked pasta.
- 8 ounces ramen-style noodles (curly Chinese egg noodles)
- 3 tablespoons toasted (dark) sesame oil
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 8 ounces cooked steak, cubed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons toasted pepitas
- Cook noodles in a pot of boiling water according to package directions. Drain, rinse and transfer to a large bowl.
- Combine sesame oil, scallions, garlic, ginger and brown sugar in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until starting to sizzle. Cook for 15 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce and chipotles. Add to the noodles along with steak, corn, tomato and pepitas; gently toss to combine.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Refrigerate sauce and noodle mixture separately for up to 1 day; toss together before serving.