Cucumber & Radish Tzatziki
Thinly sliced radishes lend a peppery bite and pretty pink hue to this traditional Greek cucumber yogurt dip recipe. Serve the tzatziki as an appetizer with pita bread, lavash-style flatbread or vegetable crudités, or as a refreshing sauce with grilled fish or chicken.
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and seeded (6-7 ounces)
- 10 radishes, trimmed
- 1 ½ cups nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Grate cucumber on the coarse side of a box grater. Transfer to a square of cheesecloth or a clean kitchen towel. Roll up, then twist gently to extract as much liquid as possible. Transfer to a medium bowl.
- Grate radishes and add to the bowl. Add yogurt, scallions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, mint, dill, coriander, salt and pepper. Stir gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS