Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Whir cauliflower into a creamy low-carb substitute for mashed potatoes. This easy recipe gets a kick of flavor from garlic-infused olive oil, making it a dairy-free (and vegan) vegetable side dish.
- 8 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 large head)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Bring 1 to 2 inches of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add cauliflower; cover and cook until very tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and add garlic. Cook, stirring, until the garlic starts to brown around the edges, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Transfer to a food processor along with the steamed cauliflower, salt and pepper. Process until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in sage. Drizzle with oil, if desired.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS