Garlic-Rosemary Smashed Potatoes
A combination of baked, mashed and roasted, these crusty, garlicky smashed potatoes are a healthy and creative alternative. Serve alongside a seared steak or roasted pork tenderloin and green beans.
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a large rimmed baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan fitted with a steamer basket. Add potatoes, cover and steam until just tender, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 ½ tablespoons oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Brush the hot baking sheet with the remaining ½ tablespoon oil. Place the steamed potatoes on the pan, skin-side up, and smash with the bottom of a jar or smooth side of a meat mallet. Drizzle with the garlic oil. Roast until browned on the bottom, about 15 minutes.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS