Green Beans & Pancetta with Whole-Grain Mustard Dressing
In this easy vegetable side recipe, green beans are tossed with crispy bits of pancetta, shallot and whole-grain mustard after cooking. If you can’t find pancetta, bacon is a perfect alternative.
- ½ cup chopped pancetta (about 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 1 ½ pounds green beans, trimmed
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pancetta and cook, stirring often, until crispy, about 5 minutes. Transfer with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate.
- Add shallot and green beans to the pan. Cook, stirring, until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Add water and salt. Cover and cook until the beans are tender and the water has evaporated, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and toss with mustard, pepper and the reserved pancetta. Transfer to a serving dish.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS