Hawaiian Turkey Sliders
Grilled pineapple tops flavorful turkey burgers to give this easy slider recipe Hawaiian flair.
- 1 pound 93%-lean ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- Inch-thick fresh pineapple rings
- 1 small red onion, cut into ¼-inch-thick rings
- 6 toasted slider buns, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 6 small leaves Boston lettuce
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Combine turkey, teriyaki sauce, scallions and garlic in a medium bowl; gently knead together. Do not overmix. Form into 6 burgers, about 3 inches wide.
- Oil the grill rack. Grill the burgers until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the center registers 165°F, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Grill pineapple rings until lightly charred, about 2 minutes per side. Grill onions until lightly charred and starting to soften, about 2 minutes per side.
- Assemble the burgers on toasted buns with 1 teaspoon mayonnaise, 1 lettuce leaf, 1 pineapple ring and about 3 onion rings each.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Oiling a grill rack before you grill foods helps ensure that the food won’t stick. Oil a folded paper towel, hold it with tongs and rub it over the rack. (Do not use cooking spray on a hot grill.) When grilling delicate foods like tofu and fish, it is helpful to coat the food with cooking spray.