Hot Artichoke Dip
Our healthier version of the cocktail party favorite loads up on artichokes and plenty of Parmesan cheese, garlic and lemon zest for flavor. Who says healthier can’t taste better?
- 2 14-ounce cans artichoke hearts, rinsed
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Chop artichoke hearts in a food processor. Add 2 cups Parmesan, mayonnaise, garlic, lemon zest, cayenne, salt and pepper; puree until smooth. Divide between two 2-cup gratin or other shallow baking dishes. Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.
- Bake the dip until golden on top and heated through, 10 to 20 minutes.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Prepare Step 2, cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.