The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is a National non-profit organization dedicated to giving a voice to people affected by the disease of obesity and helping individuals along their journey toward better health. Our core focuses are awareness, education, advocacy and support. The OAC offers a wide range of tools and resources for anyone interested in learning about obesity and obesity-related conditions.
Understanding how our weight and health are connected is very important. The OAC is the producer of Your Weight Matters, a national awareness campaign, which encourages people to start their health journey and talk to their healthcare provider. This campaign offers FREE resources including a toolkit to help you prepare for the conversation with your healthcare provider, it also offers resources for healthcare providers to help their patients.
Getting educated about obesity is an important component in understanding its complexity. The OAC offers several educational resources, which are balanced, comprehensive and science-based. Some of these educational resources include:
- Brochures and Guides (Available in English and Spanish)
- Obesity-related Fact Sheets (Obesity and Cancer, Obesity and Heart Disease, etc.)
- OAC Image Gallery – FREE non-stigmatizing images that you can use for posts, blogs, etc.
- Childhood Obesity Resources
- Digital Video Library
- Weight Matters Magazine
- OAC’s Website – Find hundreds of FREE articles on topics like health, weight, obesity and obesity-related conditions
- Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO – an annual event packed with science-based information, tips and tools to help anyone interested in their health and weight (This year is going virtual!)
The OAC empowers you to use your voice and become your own advocate to make a difference and take action through our different resources, such as:
You can foster meaningful connections and find the support you need through resources like:
- OAC Community
- OAC’s Community Member Discussion Forum
- Obesity Care Providers Locator – Find the healthcare support you need.
- Weight of the World – a powerful video platform lets you share your stories and offer support to others.
To learn more about the Obesity Action Coalition, visit ObesityAction.org!