Pineapple & Avocado Salad
This refreshing, simple Cuban salad recipe captures the flavors of the tropics. Serve alongside spiced chicken or pork, with rice and beans.
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- Ice water
- 2 firm ripe avocados
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Soak onion in a small bowl of ice water for 15 minutes to mellow the bite.
- Meanwhile, halve avocados and cut each half into slices. Peel pineapple, halve lengthwise into quarters, remove the core and cut each quarter crosswise into slices.
- Whisk oil and lime juice in a small bowl. Drain the onion and pat dry. Arrange half the avocado, pineapple and onion on a serving plate, sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and drizzle with half the dressing; repeat the layers.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS