Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta & Sage
In this roasted Brussels sprouts recipe, pancetta—cured Italian-style bacon—seasons sweet Brussels sprouts with a hint of salt and a touch of smoke that goes nicely with the fresh sage. These Brussels sprouts are the perfect vegetable side dish to any turkey, pork or chicken dinner.
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved (about 8 cups)
- ½ cup chopped pancetta (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rinse leek slices well to remove any grit, then pat dry. Combine with Brussels sprouts, pancetta, sage, oil, salt and pepper in a large roasting pan. Roast, stirring once, until the Brussels sprouts are tender, 18 to 20 minutes.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- Keep warm in a 225°F oven for up to 15 minutes.