Spicy Stir-Fried String Beans
Skip greasy takeout and try this easy stir-fried green beans recipe. If you don’t have a wok, you can make these stir-fried green beans just as well in a skillet.
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1-2 teaspoons Asian hot sauce, such as Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound green and/or yellow wax beans, trimmed
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Whisk water, soy sauce, cornstarch and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- Heat oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beans, ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the sauce mixture; cook, stirring frequently, until the beans are tender-crisp and coated with sauce, 4 to 6 minutes. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS
- People with celiac disease or gluten-sensitivity should use soy sauces that are labeled "gluten-free," as soy sauce may contain wheat or other gluten-containing sweeteners and flavors.