Fish Tacos with Avocado-Lime Crema
If battering and frying fish sounds messy, frozen fish sticks are your fish taco savior in this healthy dinner recipe. Use them for a quick, kid-friendly dinner or try popcorn shrimp. Serve with your favorite salsa and black beans on the side.
- 16 fish sticks (about 8 ounces)
- 3 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Cilantro for garnish
- Prepare fish sticks according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, toss coleslaw mix (or cabbage) with vinegar and salt.
- Mash avocado in a small bowl, then mix in mayonnaise, lime juice and hot sauce.
- Serve the fish sticks in tortillas topped with the slaw, avocado crema and cilantro, if desired.
MAKE AHEAD TIPS