– Chief, Department of Cardiology, Hôpital Bichat, Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, in Paris, France.
– Vice President (in charge of research) of the board of the Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris network since 2018.
– Professor of Cardiology at Université Paris – Diderot (now Université de Paris), since 1994.
– Visiting Professor, Imperial College, London, UK
– Director of the “Clinical Research in Atherothrombosis” Research Team, INSERM Unit U1148, Paris
– Coordinator of the iVASC (InnoVations in Atherothrombosis SCience) RHU research consortium 2017-2021.
– Chair of the FACT (French Alliance for cardiovascular Clinical Trials) academic research network since 2013.
– Chairman of the French National University Council (Conseil National des Universités) for Cardiology since 2016.
– Co-coordinator of COVID Research for Assistance Publique-Hôpitaux de Paris, March 2020
Dr Steg received the silver medal of the European Society of Cardiology in 2011, the Joseph A Vita Award from the American Heart Association in 2019 and the Grand Prix Claude Bernard de la Ville de Paris in 2019.
Dr Steg has accumulated experience as a clinical trialist in the field of coronary artery disease, diabetes and antithrombotics. He is currently chair/co-chair or principal investigator of several large phase III clinical trials or international registries, such as ODYSSEY-Outcomes, CLARIFY, THEMIS, REALITY, SCORED. He was co-chair of the REACH registry, co-chair of the GRACE registry publication committee and participated in numerous DMCs or CECs.
Dr Steg has authored > 1 000 articles in peer-reviewed international journals. His H-Index is 116 (Web of Science) and he has > 76 000 citations. He has been a Thomson Reuters/Clarivate Analytics ”highly cited researcher” in Clinical Medicine every year since 2014. He is Senior Associate Editor for Circulation, and Senior Consultant editor for Eurointervention. He is currently Faculty Head, Cardiovascular Disorders, Faculty of 1000-Prime. Dr Steg co-chaired with Dr James the ESC task force in charge of the 2012 Guidelines for management of ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction.